Enter our Local Haunts Contest from September 30th to October 22, 2023 at 11:59 pm. Enter the Contest draw ONCE for your chance to win ONE (1) prize. Winners will be drawn daily and names will display on the site by noon the following day. Our prizing is generously donated by attractions across the province. Please note that you must answer the question for the draw CORRECTLY to be named a winner.
1. The contest is open to all residents of Canada that have achieved the age of majority. The contest is not open to employees of Attractions Ontario or members of its Board of Directors.
2. All decisions made by the contest judges with respect to this contest are final.
3. Chances of winning vary depending upon the number of eligible entries received.
4. Each prize must be accepted as awarded and no prize substitutions of cash or otherwise or transfer of the prize will be made, provided that the Contest Sponsors may make prize substitutions of equal or greater value.
5. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any problems, failure or technical malfunctions of Canada Post, any telephone system, Internet connection or equipment, computer on-line systems, servers, computer equipment or software which results in lost, misdirected, altered, late or destroyed entries or winner notifications.
6. The Contest Sponsors are not responsible for any printing, distribution or productions errors. The Contest Sponsors may terminate or withdraw this contest for any reason or no reason without liability at their sole discretion.
7. By claiming a prize in the contest, each winner agrees to hold harmless the releases from any and all liability, including loss or damage due in whole or in part by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prize or participation in this promotion. Acceptance of his/her prize by any winner shall be as-is, where-is, without any warranty whatsoever from the Contest Sponsors.
8. By claiming a prize in the contest, each winner consents to the use of his/her name and place of residence, without further compensation on the web site.
9. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
10. The following are prohibited and will result in automatic disqualification from the contest: (1) entering the contest more than once (duplicate entries will be disqualified); (2) using any method that artificially increases odds of winning; (3) non-compliance with these Rules and Regulations; and (4) any other act which the Contest Sponsors determine, at their sole discretion, jeopardizes the integrity of the contest.
There are multiple prizes available to be won. Details of each prize are listed, and are subject to change as the contest progresses. Winners and their guests are responsible for transportation, accommodations (or additional accommodations where the prize includes accommodations), food, beverage and all other incidental costs pertaining to the prize.
Personal information provided by the participants for the contest will remain on file with Attractions Ontario until the prize is claimed by the winner unless stated otherwise. Collected information from the participants requesting to be notified about future promotions, or contest are a property of Attractions Ontario and won’t be used for any other purposes.
By participating in the contest, the entrants grant the right to Attractions Ontario to post their names on the winners list on Attractions Ontario’s web site.
This contest begins September 30th and is open until 11:59 pm EST October 22, 2023. The draw will be held at Attractions Ontario (at 344 Bloor St. W, Suite 504 Toronto, ON, M5S 3A7) daily at the dates specified above.
Selection of the entries will be made on Oct. 22nd, as noted above. If the selected entrant incorrectly answers the skill-testing question, the prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be selected. If a selected entrant does not respond to the e-mail notification within seven (7) days of the date of the first attempted contact, or if Attractions Ontario is otherwise unable to contact the selected entrant within such time, the prize will be forfeited and another entrant will be selected.
This contest is sponsored by Attractions Ontario and its partners.