Attraction Listings Search
Planning a trip or vacation and looking for Ontario’s best Attractions? Use our Attraction Listings Search – you can search by category, by name and by location.
With more than 5,000 animals in our care, representing 450 species, the Toronto Zoo is committed to fighting extinction and connecting people to wildlife.
The Zoo has over 5,000 animals representing over 450 species. At the Toronto Zoo we are dedicated to providing the animals in our care with the means to live long and enriching lives. Visitors may come across animal feedings (which could include the feeding of prey items), breeding activities or other natural behaviours when visiting the Zoo.
There are over 10 km (six miles) of walking trails.
287 hectares (710 acres). Toronto Zoo is one of the largest zoos in the world!
Explore the Discovery Zone, featuring the Kids Zoo, a dynamic, interactive children's wildlife experience, Splash Island, an exciting two-acre water play area and the Waterside Theatre, home of family fun. Open seasonally.
Exhibits And Layout:
The Zoo is divided into seven zoogeographic regions: Indo-Malaya, Africa, the Americas, Australasia, Eurasia, Canadian Domain and the Tundra Trek. Animals are displayed indoors in tropical pavilions and outdoors in naturalistic environments, with viewing at many levels.
There are four rides: Gorilla Climb Ropes Course, Zoomobile, Conservation Carousel, and the Tundra Air ride.
- Explore our NEW state-of-the-art Wildlife Health Centre, where you can catch a glimpse of the work we do behind-the-scene in our animal hospital.
- Take a walk through Indo-Malaya, home to tigers, orangutans, clouded leopards, greater one-horned rhinos and more! Plus, meet our adorable new calf, Kiran, born January 4, 2018. Then, stop by our Indo-Malaya Pavilion to see the NEW Asian Carp Exhibit.
- Visit the African Rainforest Pavilion to see one of the largest reptiles in the world, measuring up to 5 feet long and over 400 pounds, Aldabra tortoises are back at the Toronto Zoo! This pavilion is also home to our ring-tailed lemurs, pygmy hippos and the Gorilla Rainforest, home to our western lowland gorilla troop.
- Stop by our Americas Pavilion to see our NEW Blanding’s Turtle Exhibitwhere you can get a turtle’s-eye-view of the behind-the-scenes work we do with this important head-starting program.
- Explore the African Savanna, home to rhinos, hippos, giraffes, white lions and more!
- Check out our 10-acre Tundra Trek featuring our 5-acre polar bear habitat and underwater viewing area.
- Join us for daily informative animal Keeper Talks and feedings where you will see the animals up-close and learn interesting facts about our animals here at the Zoo.
- With over 100 species of fish throughout the Zoo, explore the Zoo's Great Barrier Reef exhibit in the Australasia pavilion, filled with moon jellies, seahorses and more.
- Explore our Discovery Zone* featuring: