Attraction Listings Search
Planning a trip or vacation and looking for Ontario’s best Attractions? Use our Attraction Listings Search – you can search by category, by name and by location.
Ottawa City Rafting is the urban equivalent to Wilderness Tours.
It was almost 40 years ago, Joe Kowalski pioneered the now world famous whitewater an hour west of the city. From just a handful of enthusiasts in 1975, Wilderness Tours has guided more than a million down the Ottawa's awesome whitewater since. Wilderness Tours grew to become Canada's largest adventure company out the desire to "share the magic" found in whitewater.
That desire to share was part of being a river guide at Wilderness Tours. It became ingrained in Dave Stibbe, a long time guide and now educator. From his home in Britannia, Dave viewed the majesty of the river daily. While not the pristine wilderness of the rapids upstream, the urban rapids provided their own unique and beautiful city views, capped by the very visible Parliament Buildings downstream.
Dave is heading up Ottawa City Rafting along with ling time WT Family Raft Trip Leader, Jim Antonakos. Just between Dave and Jim is more than five decades of experience. They are excited about sharing the magic of urban whitewater with you.
Please ensure you arrive at the time listed on your confirmation. This time is the arrival time and the trip starts 30 minutes later.
Note: A direct link with your customer number and reservation number is on your invoice/confirmation email.We provide everything you need for the river. However, don't forget to bring these things:
- Extra shoes to wear on the raft, low cut runners, sandals or water shoes, they must stay firmly on the foot.
- Bathing suit or quick dry shorts
- Hat for sun protection and make sure you wear sun screen on a sunny day.
- Rash Top (not mandatory but any quick dry material is OK)
- Basically, it's a "River T-Shirt" that is quick dry and adds warmth. Wear it rafting, canoeing, kayaking, biking etc.
- For valuables, lock them in the trunk of your vehicle or hide from view. Your trip leader will look after your keys while you are on the river.