The Ermatinger Clergue National Historic Site offers a year-round cultural attraction for residents and visitors to Sault Ste. Marie. The Site consists of an interactive Heritage Discovery Centre and two of the oldest stone buildings, located northwest of Toronto – the Ermatinger Old Stone House and the Clergue Blockhouse.
The Ermatinger Old Stone House is restored to depict the domestic and professional life of Charles Oakes Ermatinger and other prominent residents and visitors of the House between 1808 and 1870.
The Clergue Blockhouse, was relocated to the Site in 1996, and served as the home of industrialist Francis Hector Clergue from 1894 – 1908.
For a list of events and programs offered at the site view Events and Programs.
To connect with us on social media visit our Facebook Page.
The Ermatinger•Clergue National Historic Site is situated close to neighbouring attractions including the Canadian Bushplane Heritage Centre, the Sault Ste. Marie Museum and the Art Gallery of Algoma.