Attraction Listings Search
Planning a trip or vacation and looking for Ontario’s best Attractions? Use our Attraction Listings Search – you can search by category, by name and by location.
With 12 historic and exhibit buildings, Moore Museum offers something to engage everyone’s interest. Spend an hour or two exploring all we have to offer…
Take a stroll around our heritage village and discover the life and work of the past:
- see the tools of the trade in the blacksmith shop, job printing press shop and harness shop.
- explore our community’s agricultural roots with intriguing displays of antique farm implements.
- understand the valuable link the railroad provided for the early residents of our area as you visit the former Mooretown railroad station and the wooden caboose, furnished and equipped for the train’s next departure.
- appreciate modern medicine as you view early 20th century doctors’ equipment and pharmaceutical remedies.
- discover the differences and similarities of education over the years in the one-room schoolhouse.
- realize the challenges of work on the Great Lakes waterway through models, equipment and photographs in the marine room.
- learn about the lifestyles of past generations in the log cabin and Victorian cottage.
A highlight which opened in 2013 is the Lionel model train exhibit. The travelling display used by the Lionel company to promote their products forms the basis of this exhibit room. Visitors are able to run the "S", "O" and "G" gauge trains by push button and a number of animated features can also be operated. The whole family will enjoy this engaging new display!
- All of our buildings, except the caboose, have ramp access. A wheelchair is available for use free of charge (subject to availability).
- Service animals are welcome.
- Pets are welcome on the grounds but are not permitted in the buildings. Please be considerate of other visitors by keeping pets on a leash and cleaning up after them.
- We encourage you to wear comfortable walking shoes so that you may explore the entire site. Most visitors require a minimum of one to 1.5 hours to enjoy all the exhibits.
- A baby change station is available in the family washroom.
- Visitors are welcome to take photos, but only for non-commercial use.