Attraction Listings Search
Planning a trip or vacation and looking for Ontario’s best Attractions? Use our Attraction Listings Search – you can search by category, by name and by location.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is an early example of the museum type known as a “Pioneer Village,” initially developed in mid-20th century Ontario by Conservation Authorities.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village tells the story of rural communities in the former townships of Westminster, London, North Dorchester, Delaware, West Nissouri and Lobo in Middlesex County from 1820 to 1920 and the founding and development of the City of London up to 1840.
Fanshawe Pioneer Village is owned and operated by the not-for-profit charity known as the London and Middlesex Heritage Museum with the support of the City of London, the Upper Thames River Conservation Authority, and the Municipality of Middlesex Centre.
At the Village you'll find:
Denfield General Store
Relive the General Store experience with a stop at the Denfield General Store. This building served as the general store and post office for the community of Denfield from 1877 to 1952. Today, visitors may purchase unique children’s toys and candy, local, hand-crafted gifts, period reproductions, jewelry and history books for perfect souvenirs.
Pioneer Village Cafe
Drop by the Pioneer Village Cafe for a delicious lunch featuring homemade soups, salads, breads and fresh baking all made with local produce.
Please check our web site for hours of operation and a list of special events on at the Village.
- The Heritage Village is open:Tuesday to Sunday, and Holiday Mondays from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- The Pioneer Village Cafe is open:Wednesdays and Thursdays 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., Friday through Sunday 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The Cafe will be closed October 12-14th to accommodate Thanksgiving Dinner.
- The Denfield General Store is open:Tuesday to Sunday, and Holiday Mondays from 10:30 a.m to 4:00 p.m.
- Our administration office in the Spriet Family Visitor Centreis currently open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Trillium Community Gallery:Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Admission & Memberships
- $9.00 per Adult- tax included
- $7.00 per Child ages 4-16- tax included
- Free for children ages 3 and under