As a member of the leading association representing attractions in Ontario, you will benefit from being a part of two exceptionally effective co-operative marketing programs: the Passport Magazine and Coupon Book and the Attractions Ontario Web site. These initiatives are designed to encourage residents and tourists to visit Ontario attractions and they offer a significant opportunity to partner both with member venues and with corporate sponsors committed to the growth of tourism across the province. Your membership entitles you to free listings in each of these dynamic, high exposure mediums, as well as the ability to augment your listings with special advertising offers available only to our members.
Passport Magazine and Coupon Book
As a member, you will receive a free listing in Passport Magazine and Coupon Book.
This Attractions Ontario annual publication is THE guide to attractions in Ontario and is produced in partnership with the Ontario Tourism Marketing Partnership Corporation (OTMPC). Our guide has the extensive exposure with mass distribution to hundreds of travel information centres, and hotel brochure stands as well as all official Ontario Government Tourist Information Centres and through newspaper inserts. Demand always outstrips supply!
The Passport Magazine:
Is a full-colour consumer friendly magazine featuring regional listings of all our member attractions, with alluring images of Ontario and supplementary regional event listings.
- Has a proven success record over the since 1987 as the most popular resource for people planning vacations in Ontario
- Provides the consumer with the added value of $1,200 in coupon savings
- Has mass distribution to: all areas of Ontario
- Is available for distribution to the public through 1-800-ONTARIO (the provincial government’s information line)
- Will provide your attraction with increased exposure and public awareness and ultimately, improved attendance
- Is THE publication your attraction should be listed in! The Passport Magazine & Coupon Book has a distribution of 700,000 in 2016, and is produced in partnership with the OTMPC.
Attractions Ontario Web Site
As a member, you will receive a free listing on the Attractions Ontario Web site, which will increase the exposure of your venue tremendously. There were over 2.25 million pages views in 2016.
- Free online listings members – web users can search for your attraction by region and category. Special section for DMO and Affiliate members
- Free links to your website, logos, photographs, and low cost advertising
- Free program and event listings on our Special Event Calendar and Attractions News
- Reach millions of consumers looking for things to see and do in Ontario
- Exclusive opportunities to participate in our online contests and promotions
In addition to the Passport and Web programs, we provide a number of other member services.
- Reciprocal Admissions Program
Our province-wide reciprocal admissions program allows you and your staff to visit other member attractions at complimentary or reduced rates. Although optional, this program enjoyed the participation of 1/3 of our total membership in 2012. It is a perfect way to show your appreciation to your employees while also educating them on the many exciting attractions in Ontario.
The Tourism Industry Association of Ontario (TIAO) is the umbrella organization for the leading associations, destination marketing organizations, and regional tourism organizations serving Ontario’s diverse tourism industry. TIAO collectively represents the thousands of businesses and employees that are dedicated to promoting and operating Ontario’s tourism industry. The Executive Director of Attractions Ontario is currently the volunteer Board Chair of TIAO.
Each year, we publish and distribute a list of all our members, including their contact names and coordinates. This is the perfect way to develop industry contacts and relationships.
Our Annual Conference provides a forum for voicing issues and is also an excellent means of professional development, where members are invited to both lead and attend special educational sessions. It is the perfect opportunity to engage with others in your trade, to create relationships, and to encourage innovation within our industry.
As a member, you will receive a newsletter each month that keeps you informed about matters affecting the attractions sector of the tourism industry. We also provide helpful information on marketing programs, training and education, research, advocacy issues, member benefits and new members.