Are you a high school student looking to fulfill your mandatory 40 volunteer hours?
Attractions Ontario is offering a summer volunteer position for those who are interested in learning more about the Tourism and Attraction industry. You’ll have an opportunity to immerse yourself in the fun culture not only at Attractions Ontario but also see what Ontario has to offer!
You will be required to:
• Update Event and News listings on the www.attractionsontario.ca
• Provide support to staff members as needed
• Other duties as required
You must be proficient with Microsoft Word, familiar with Social Media (Twitter and Facebook) and be able to lift/carry up to 15 lbs. Preference will also be given to applicants with some web design experience.
Once your term is complete, you will be eligible to use the Attractions Ontario Reciprocal Admissions Program and gain access to over 200 participating attractions and hotels at complimentary or reduced rates.
We are a diverse group of fun-loving professionals who look forward to bringing in a talented young person to help us this summer!
More about Attractions Ontario:
Attractions Ontario is a non-profit organization that was started in 1983 by various attractions throughout Ontario. It is the authority on Attractions & Trip Motivators in Ontario, the voice of the industry and the source for consumers to discover Ontario’s destination experiences. The association offers best-in-class, high-value access to consumers in bolstering attendance and business activity for the Attractions & Tourism industry.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Cindy Phu at email@example.com. We thank all students for their submissions however, only those who fit the criteria will be contacted.
Regional Field Consultant
Job Title: Regional Field Consultant – York Region
Employment Type: Contract / Consultant
Reports to: Director, Industry Relations
Start Date: Feb 1, 2017
Central Counties Tourism is the provincially funded not-for-profit dedicated to promoting and supporting tourism in Durham, York and Headwaters Tourism regions. Central Counties and their partners have identified several areas of tourism strength/potential and are working together to engage local operators in an effort to develop new, compelling tourism experiences. Experience development requires developing meaningful relationships with local operators who want to augment their core business by providing unique consumer opportunities which will be marketed to local residents, regional visitors and tourists. Since priorities are aligned, all new experiences will both support regional and pan-regional tourism efforts. Read the Central Counties Tourism, 2017-18 Business Plan here.
Central Counties Tourism is seeking a field representative who becomes the day-to-day face of both Central Counties and York region for the operators. Reporting to the Director, Industry Development for project management, the field consultant will also work closely with the Director and Manager of Marketing to deliver consumer experiences that support the aligned needs of both the region and Central Counties.
The Regional Field Consultant will be the expert on what there is to see, do and experience in the region and will be responsible for researching, sourcing and developing relationships with operators of all types who can play a role in an experience package or can fill a tourism gap. The Field Consultant will also be responsible for building robust operator profiles for consumer websites and, where appropriate, ensure the operator is part of the online reservation system for ticketing and reservation purchases. While we do need something from the operators (participation, willingness to expand their offerings, etc.) this is not a sales position. In its truest form, the position is about developing mutually beneficial relationships.
This is an incredible opportunity for a relationship builder with tourism experience. Most of your time will be spent on the road, meeting with operators and finding tourism gems that will support the aligned efforts of the regions and Central Counties as outlined in our Business Plan. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can multi-task and work collaboratively to support the requirements of several partners. A master communicator, you can fluidly change from one deliverable to the next while keeping everyone updated on multi-project progress.
Knowledge of the York region of Central Counties is an asset. Must have own vehicle. Candidates may be required to submit written work or a sample itinerary for a winter or summer family excursion in the York region.
- 5 Years proven relationship building in the Tourism/Hospitality industry
- 5 Years product/package/experience development in the Tourism/Hospitality industry
- Experience making cold calls to operators and businesses
- Ability to engage and motivate stakeholder participation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills are key
- Experience Development
- Researching and engaging operators to support specific pillars and campaigns
- Educating operators on tourism and experience development
- Promoting and living a regional spirit of collaboration
- Delivering new or enhanced tourism experiences and itineraries that support specific pillars and campaigns within the given timelines
- Industry Engagement
- Work closely with DMO partners
- Educate operators on the various partner roles for successful tourism (operator, municipal, regional and Central Counties)
- Facilitate training on Central Counties programs and opportunities for stakeholders
- Represent region and Central Counties at area BIA, Association and other types of meetings with ties to tourism
- Public Speaking
- Marketing Support
- Source prizes for regional and Central Counties contests and giveaways
- Assist operators create robust profiles for regional and Central Counties consumer websites
- Where appropriate register and manage operator profiles on the reservation system
- Assist operators upload events onto regional and Central Counties consumer websites
- Source images and content for marketing materials
- Copy writing skills and the ability to create, draft and edit comprehensive itineraries and experiences.
- Possess a working knowledge of word press.
- Sales Support
- Source prizes for tradeshow giveaways
- Source appropriate operators to fulfill MC&IT, Travel Trade and Sports Tourism bids
- Source images, content and building specs for sales collateral
- Other Duties as Required
Please email cover and resume to Kelly Ing firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: January 20, 2017
National Gallery of Canada – Appointment Positions
Deadline: Not stated
Medieval Times Dinner & Tournament – Toronto: Various Positions
Laser Quest Whitby: Manager
Laser Quest Bramtpon: Manager
Paintball Nation: Various Positions
Paintball Nation is searching for various staff such as paintball ref’s, cashiers and assistant managers. You must be well spoken, punctual, reliable, available to work various shifts throughout the week and weekends. Previous experience is not required, we provide all the training you need. First aid and CPR certification is required but may be attained once selected. You must be comfortable speaking to large groups of children and adults. Please email your resume to: email@example.com with a brief coverall letter telling us why you’re the right fit for us.
Haunted Walks: Haunted Walk Tour Guide/Storyteller for Kingston, Ottawa & Toronto locations
Deadline: Not stated